How about listening to something different during the Cocktail Hour?
I enjoy delving into my collection of 60’s, 70’s and 80’s soul and R n B music and sprinkling some choice selections for my clients to hear at the wedding reception. Especially when I get two thumbs up or a guest runs over and tells me that “No one ever plays this music anymore” or “This is a great song… who is it?”. As a friend once told me, if it’s the first time you’re hearing a long lost oldie, then it’s a brand new song to you then.
And don’t be fooled…. just because it was recorded recently by a contemporary artist doesn’t mean that it’s not “soul”. Here are 24 soulful selections that bend the genre and cross all the way over! This is by no means a definitive list… just some of my favorites at this moment in time.
Try some of these during your Cocktail Hour (in no special order):
- Jackson 5 – I’ll Be There (Minus Mix)
- Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass – This Guy’s In Love With You
- Candy Dulfer w/ David A. Stewart – Lily Was Here (instrumental)
- Luther Vandross – Any Love
- Mayer Hawthorne – The Walk
- Brenda Russell – Get Here
- Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud (G Duppy Reggae Remix)
- Keith Washington – Kissing You
- Queen Latifah (aka Dana Owens) – California Dreamin’
- Bobby Caldwell – What You Won’t Do For Love
- Marvin Gaye & Diana Ross – You Are Everything
- Anita Baker – Sweet Love
- Melina – Wishing On Love
- Johnny Gill – My, My, My
- Earth, Wind & Fire – That’s The Way Of The World
- Major Harris – Love Won’t Let Me Wait
- Temptations – Just My Imagination
- Stevie Wonder – My Cherie Amour
- Mario Biondi and the High Five Quintet – This Is What You Are
- Bill Withers – Lovely Day
- Martha and the Vandellas – My Baby Loves Me
Atmosphere Productions LLC is a CT Wedding DJ, providing professional mobile entertainment service, Music, Reception Entertainment Directors, MC and DJ’s primarily for Weddings in the Greater Hartford area but throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island and in the New England area.
Specializing in wedding disc jockey entertainment, radio and club dj’s, corporate and business events, photo booth rentals, ceremony musicians, strolling violinist, guitarist, cocktail and chamber musicians, custom lighting, custom song editing and voice-over services.
For further information visit our website at www.atmosphere-productions.com
Contact us TODAY for FREE information.
Reception Entertainment Director
As featured in Eric and Amanda’s winning wedding on the season finale of TLC’s TV
Couples’ Choice Awards™ 2014-2016, Bride’s Choice Awards™ 2011-2013 and Gold Rated Awards™ 2011-2013
Atmosphere Productions LLC
Professional Disc Jockey Entertainment
PO Box 330303
West Hartford, CT 06133-0303
Celebrating over 30 Years in the Wedding/DJ/Entertainment Music Business
Member of The DJ Network
Member of The West Hartford, CT Chamber of Commerce
Member of The Association of Professional Entertainers
DJ Times ~ Mobile DJ Of The Month
Former WKND Air-Personality
Copyright © 2016 Atmosphere Productions™ LLC All Rights Reserved.