To many couples, a venue is one of the key factors in planning your wedding, the space you rent sets the scene. You wouldn’t have a garden wedding in a castle or an elegant black tie affair with 300 people in a small barn with the capacity of 150. So what questions do you have to ask in order to have the wedding you want.
Heidi Hanson from Always and Forever Weddings as well as Kia Martinson from Estoccasions have been wedding event planners for years. They have helped more couples than we can count start their wedding day off without a hitch. And here is what questions they say you can’t forget to ask while searching for a venue.
- What is the capacity?? Some venues can only fit up to 150 people while other venues can fit up to 300. If you are planning on inviting 300 people don’t try to squeeze that many people into a 150 person venue, it would be rather uncomfortable and cause some awkward uninviting.
- Is there a Wedding Party Suite/Getting Ready Room? To some people this isn’t a big deal, but to others it is a make it or break it. In retrospect it is always nice to get ready on property.
- If there is a wedding the day before? Many venues get booked with multiple weddings on one weekend. So that means that your Saturday wedding might be sharing the same weekend with a Friday and Sunday Wedding. Make sure you check because that changes when and if you can do a rehearsal the day before and the amount of time you have to set up.
- If you can set up ahead of time? A couple venues let you set up the day before but many venues give you just that day. Make sure that you have enough time to set up for your wedding.
- When you have to be out of the Venue? It’s the end of your wedding, your exhausted and you just found out that everything that is yours has to be out of the venue that night…stressful right? Well you don’t have to worry because you already asked this question and you know that you can come back and pick up all of your things by noon the next day. Make sure you find out what your venue’s policy is that way you aren’t stressing the night of.
- What decorations are allowed or not allowed? Some venues do not allow you to have real candles, confetti, rice, sparklers, etc. So before planning your big exit filled with confetti and rice throwing make sure your venue allows you to do that.
- Back up spaces? If you are having a ceremony or cocktail hour outside and it rains what are your options? Should you have a tent on reserve or is there a place you could move to inside? All good questions to ask and be prepared for your wedding day.
- Cancellation Policy? We really hope that no one will ever have to use the answer to this question but trust us we have seen it happen. Make sure you know just in case anything comes about.
Of course there are the questions that need to be asked such as pricing, catering and what vendors they recommend. But we hope that the questions above allow you to come away from the venue search with the understanding and knowledge of everything you get when you book your venue.
Much love! Engaged New England
Atmosphere Productions LLC is a CT Wedding DJ, providing professional mobile entertainment service, Music, Reception Entertainment Directors, MC and DJ’s primarily for Weddings in the Greater Hartford area but throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island and in the New England area.
Specializing in wedding disc jockey entertainment, radio and club dj’s, corporate and business events, photo booth rentals, ceremony musicians, strolling violinist, guitarist, cocktail and chamber musicians, custom lighting, custom song editing and voice-over services.
For further information visit our website at www.atmosphere-productions.com
Contact us TODAY for FREE information.
Reception Entertainment Director
As featured in Eric and Amanda’s winning wedding on the season finale of TLC’s TV
Couples’ Choice Awards™ 2014-2017, Bride’s Choice Awards™ 2011-2013 and Gold Rated Awards™ 2011-2013
Atmosphere Productions LLC
Professional Disc Jockey Entertainment
PO Box 330303
West Hartford, CT 06133-0303
Celebrating over 30 Years in the Wedding/DJ/Entertainment Music Business
Member of The DJ Network
Member of The West Hartford, CT Chamber of Commerce
Member of The Association of Professional Entertainers
DJ Times ~ Mobile DJ Of The Month
Former WKND Radio Air-Personality
Copyright © 2017 Atmosphere Productions™ LLC All Rights Reserved.